Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Goddamn Freak Accident

Dear Drama 

Goddamit fan.

Last week, on the first night of breaking fast of Ramadhan, you met with a little freak accident. Thank god I was carrying you otherwise the blade would have hit your head or face!

So roughly around 2200hours, we were heading to the toilet to wash and change your diapers. I was walking pass the fan when it suddenly made a loud RATATATAT sound before the blades along with the cover; projectile out of the fan. I ran out to the living room and suddenly you starting bawling. I thought you were shocked by the whole incident when I felt something sticky and wet on my hand. Thinking that I was bleeding, I switched on the light and found out that the blade had in fact cut through your left foot. There was blood trickling from the room to the living room. Blood on the sofa and on the floor. Just like from a gore film.

I immediately grab hold of a towel and did a compression on your wound. It was a small but deep gash. Your nenek was pretty freaked out by the whole thing. My brains went shit shit shit. Had to think fast. Rushed out to a 24 hour clinic to stop the bleeding.

In the cab, I felt sick in the stomach and wanted to vomit out the tension. Everything was going too fast. You were still bleeding. The cab stopped, I jumped out and dashed across the road.

You screamed and cried when the doctor squirted antiseptic. I kept cheering on 'IT'S OK! IT'S AWWRIGHT, COME ON DARYA FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!' Doctor start picking at the broken blade pieces in your wound. 4 changes of sheets as you were bleeding non-stop. Then you start singing loudly between 'owwww pain!!!' to 'burung kakak tua' while the doctor was fixing you. Hahah good job beans!

Alhamdulillah thank god it was not a serious wound despite the living room looking like a bloodbath. No stitches were needed, the wound was 'glued' up.

I sent a complaint letter to the fan company; SONA last week and waited patiently for a couple of days before sending another letter copying SONA to CASE Singapore.

I suspected the blades could have cracked, hitting against the cover and causing it to shatter, spit the blades out of the fan.

Exhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaale.

I am yours to keep
Umi plays superhero again.




damn you fans!

10 comments:

  1. OMG! I hope she's ok! The god damn fan! I hope you do get a reply from the company. (((hugss erda & darya)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. allo tini. she's fine alhamdulillah now. her wound dah healing up nice and good.

      Delete
  2. Ya allah!!!! Kesiannya. She must have been shocked. Get well bean. Stay strong Umi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi mother fei! she was. she cried out loud when it hit her. all better now alhamdulillah! mak panic jap nampak darah all over the place! ahha thanks mother fei!

      Delete
  3. Alahai kesiannye darya... good job ummi! Alhamdulillah everything is okay :) shw sits like a champ though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. radya babe, thank u alhamdulilah! hahaha yea she was cringing and holding onto the wall hahaha

      Delete
  4. Eeeekkss!! But yeay Darya for being brave and singing while handling the pain!! I think I would have cried if that's my foot. Hope the wound heals quick. Now I shall go remove that mini fan in Nuryn's cot. It faces directly at her head. Parenting fail. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's like my worst nightmare came true siah. i always thought the ceiling fan will one day fall on me and decapitate my skullcap. tsk. gory much but its the standing fan that did the deed.

      wound has closed up nice and good! she healed quite fast! 2 days the gash covered already siah. thanks mother nunu

      whhawhaw
      where got parenting fail!

      Delete
  5. Ouch. Thankfully, she wasn't hurt to badly. She looks like a trooper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christy. All healed up thank goodness! Thanks mama!

      Delete